In this post, we will see how to properly convert Flutter string to double. We will practically implement this conversion using an easy Flutter Dart code. To give a better idea of how its done, everything will be discussed step by step.
So let’s not wait anymore and just jump right into its implementation.
- What is Flutter String To Double?
- Converting Flutter String To Double (Easy Example Code)
What is Flutter String To Double?
It defines the conversion of string type to double(decimal) type. We will see how to convert a Flutter string to a double value. So let’s start understanding it using a practical example code.
Converting Flutter String To Double (Easy Example Code)
In order to implement this conversion, just follow the below steps:
- First we will declare a string variable and initialize it with a decimal format number string.
- Then we will define another variable of type double and pass double.parse(takes a string) method to it and use the above string variable in its body. You can use direct string as well.
- Now we will print the value and the run time type to see if its actually converted to double or not.
So, enough of this theory part. Let’s now see a proper practical code in which you will see the above theory in a code format. See below code:
String value='49.40'; double newValue =double.parse(value); print(newValue); print(newValue.runtimeType);
To conclude, we have discussed step by step how to convert Flutter string to double with the help of a proper Flutter Dart example code. I would love to see you post your valuable comments on this article.
Flutter app articles you might: Flutter bottom navigation bar, Flutter web, Flutter architecture, Flutter appbar actions, Flutter sliverappbar, widgets in flutter, amazing gradient login UI, Flutter widgets, Flutter app development, Flutter development, Flutter books, beautiful Flutter templates, custom animations in Flutter, Flutter appbar title center.