Let’s talk about what’s new in flutter 2.10, but first if you are new and want a complete setup and want to build your first app instantly, then click here, now let’s jump right into flutter 2.10.
Updates For Windows Applications
Flutter brings a Stable release for windows support. We no longer require a lot of procedures to get into functionality. Now it’s more stable for the production environment.
Feature Improvements For Windows:
- Text Handling
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Easy integrations through command-line arguments
- Globalized entry of text
Updates For performance Improvements
This release is provide low usage of CPUs and GPUs as compared to previous releases of flutter. The utilization of CPUs is decreased by 80%.
Pre Compilations of Dart code give Us extra optimization in the release.
Updates For iOS Applications
Flutter brings some platform-specific updates in this release.
- smoother keyboard animation from luckysmg, which is seamless to integrate.
Updates For Android Applications
In 2.10 update. Basically, flutter supports the latest version of android. In flutter 2.10 multidex support is enabled automatically. if the SDK version is below 21, which cause exceeds 64k method limits.
- To avoid the Scenario do the following:
- Pass –multidex flag in flutter build apk command
- Now it supports multitudes
- Flutter Fix suggestion is added in logs
Updates For Web Applications
Other mark able features for flutter web are listed below:
- Smooth Scrolling of Text Fields
- Removing overhead of native HTML widgets
- This means if you have many links in-app, no longer pointing an overhead.
Updates For VS Code
In this release, Flutter launches an awesome update for VS Code
- The VS Code extension for flutter is updated
- Now you can simply pick a variety of color
Updates For Integration Testing
Flutter 2.10 includes some major enhancements related to integration testing
- Bundling the integration, test packages into Flutter Software Development Kit itself makes it easy for us.
- There is a guide for you to migrate from flutter driver to integration test
Updates For Material 3 Icons
In this release, there are 1000 and 28 new Material Icons
- Just The ThemeData.useMaterial3 flag to enable material 3 to look
- Material 3 Have the ability to construct an entire color scheme from single see color
That’s all for this article, hope you enjoyed it and have learnt a lot from it. Hope to see you in our next articles in which we will dig deep into how the widgets in flutter are implemented and customized. Thanks.